EndNote is a software application that allows you to find, store, create and share research.
- A library of citations with links to full-text or PDFs of articles.
- Bibliographies (a list of references) in any citation style format using Word.
- Search online databases right from EndNote.
- Import citations from the Upstate library's resources.
Installing and Downloading EndNote (Upstate users only)
Local Configuration Settings
In EndNote preferences: Edit --> Preferences --> Find Full Text The following url is the OpenURL Path:
Unfortunately, this feature in unavailable to Upstate users as the vendor has chosen not to provide compatibility with the common authentication system the library uses: OpenAthens.
Finding Full Text and PDFs
Once the OpenURL path is configured, select the articles you want to find. Under References, select Find Full Text to find as many PDFs as the system can automatically find and pull in to EndNote for you. This feature works best on campus. Then, for articles Endnote does not automatically find, you can right click on the selected reference, select 'URL', then 'OpenURL Link' to navigate to a page where you can access the full text or request an Interlibrary Loan.
Endnote 20 - How to Use Endnote 20 in 7 minutes : Windows
How to use Endnote 20 in seven minutes: mac OS
- Last Updated: Aug 10, 2023 11:33 AM
- URL: https://guides.upstate.edu/citation
- Print Page