Browzine and LibKey
Access on Your Mobile Device
- Download BrowZine:
- From your Android, iOS or Kindle Fire device, visit the Apple App Store, Google Play Store or Amazon App Store.
- Search for “BrowZine”.
- Download the app to your device. (If you have previously used BrowZine with the Open Access library, please delete the app and reinstall it.)
- Access BrowZine:
- Tap on the app icon to open BrowZine.
- A list of libraries will appear, please select Upstate Medical University, and then continue to enter the library.
- Start browsing!
- Use the Subject dropdown menu to browse by subject categories or Titles A-Z to find a specific title by name. You’ll be directed to authenticate through OpenAthens when opening your first article per session. Once authenticated, you’ll then be taken directly to the articles from that point forward.
LibKey Nomad is a browser extension for Chrome that connects you to the full text from popular research sites such as Pubmed, ScienceDirect, and more. If no full text is available from the library, you'll see links to request the item through Interlibrary Loan.
To install Libkey Nomad in Chrome, search the chrome store: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/thirdiron
Once installed, look for the Nomad button to access full text or request options on many research sites.
In PubMed and Scopus, these links appear directly within the search results in addition to the article records.
Find out more about LibKey Nomad here: https://support.thirdiron.com/knowledgebase/articles/1914430-libkey-nomad-faq
Note: Libkey Nomad is not recommended for shared computers where personalized settings are not saved, particularly limited access computers and wow's.
Get to Full Text Faster in Pubmed and Primo
Starting in mid-December, direct linking to many articles will occur when clicking Owned by Upstate? in Pubmed.
Direct links to full text and additional article content will begin to appear in search results through the library's search tool, Primo.
- Last Updated: Jun 4, 2020 9:37 AM
- URL: https://guides.upstate.edu/browzine
- Print Page