OpenAthens: Access from Publishers
Accessing Content Directly From Publisher Websites
If you get to an article without going through the library website (ie from an email or Google Scholar), some publishers allow you to sign in using OpenAthens without the need to go back to the library website for access.
- You can do this if the login screen has a login with OpenAthens option.
- Every publisher is different. Here is an example from ScienceDirect:
- Select OpenAthens
- If prompted for you Federation, choose OpenAthens Federation
- Search for and select Upstate Medical University and Medical Center
- Sign in as described on the Accessing Resources tab.