Distance Learning: Welcome Distance Learners!
This guide outlines services, resources, tutorials, and helpful tips in support of students enrolled in distance learning programs or online course.
Top 5 things we want you to know
1. We are here to help you!
- Our reference team will support you with your research questions, navigating the library webpage, finding artilces, formatting papers and citations.
- Our technical support team will help you troubleshoot access problems when they occur.
- Our interlibrary loan team will deliver articles and book chapters to you at no cost
2. You have the same level of access to our electronic resources as a local student.
- Visit the Library website to access databases, journals, ebooks, media, subject guides.
3. We will mail books to you from our collections.
- If you are outside Syracuse
- You are responsible for the costs asssociated with mailing items back to us.
- You are responsible for lost or damaged items.
4. When you are in town, please come see us.
- Driving directions are available here.
5. Connect with your local libraries.
- As an Upstate student, you are eligible for borrowing privileges at other SUNY schools as part its Open Access Policy.
- It is common for college and university libraries to allow visitors to use resources in the builiding.
- Public and community libraries offer interlibrary loan. If you need a book that we do not own, we recommend requesting through your public library. If requested through Upstate HSL it will be delivered to us and needs to be picked up at the HSL.