Nursing Resource Guide - Legacy
Nursing Research and Innovation: selected resources
Top Resources for Nurses
- CINAHL Plus with Full Text This link opens in a new windowCitations to articles from nursing and allied health journals, plus additional materials, including full-text evidence-based care sheets, quick lessons, and continuing education modules.
- Joanna Briggs Institute (JBI EBP Database) This link opens in a new windowJoanna Briggs Institute brings together a range of practice-oriented research activities to improve the effectiveness of nursing practice and health care outcomes. It includes the following publication types: Evidence Based Recommended Practices, Evidence Summaries, Best Practice Information Sheets, Systematic Reviews, and Systematic Review Protocols.
- Krames On-Demand This link opens in a new windowPatient Education HealthSheets available on various topics in multiple languages. Login information can be obtained by contacting the library.
- LactMed This link opens in a new windowContains information on drugs and other chemicals to which breastfeeding mothers may be exposed. It includes information on the levels of such substances in breast milk and infant blood, and the possible adverse effects in the nursing infant.
- Lexicomp This link opens in a new windowOn-line drug information system including sections for interactions, pediatric, geriatric, nursing, patient education, and toxicology information. Also includes AHFS Essentials, drug identifiers, and calculators.
- Nursing Reference Center Plus This link opens in a new windowQuick reference at the point-of-care, including evidence-based care sheets that summarize diseases and conditions, cultural competency information, patient education handouts, and point-of-care drug information.
- PubMed This link opens in a new windowPubMed comprises millions of citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full-text content from PubMed Central. Special features include myNCBI to customize your experience and Clinical Queries (built-in evidence-based search filters).
Ask a Librarian
We're here to help!
Health Sciences Library
- Last Updated: Mar 9, 2023 9:21 AM
- URL: https://guides.upstate.edu/nursing-resource-guide2
- Print Page