Pathophysiology of Disease (INTD 9437)
Enter the disease you’re studying into the search bar, and hit “Search”.
- Always access PubMed through the library homepage (library.upstate.edu).
- Access PubMed using the list of “Quick Links” on the right side of the page.
- Using the drop-down menu, change the database you’re searching from PubMed to MeSH (Medical Subject Headings).
- Enter the disease you’re studying into the search bar, and hit “Search”.
- Select the single best option from the Subject Headings listed and click on it. (You may need to read the definitions to help in your selection.)
- Take a look at the subheadings provided. You can select one or more to limit your search to particular subtopics. Some recommended subheadings (depending on your topic): pathology, physiology, physiopathology, microbiology, parasitology, virology. Note: For preliminary research, you may want to leave the boxes blank to do a broader search.
- Check the box for “Restrict to MeSH Major Topic”, to restrict your results to articles that focus on your topic as a “major subject”.
- Under the “PubMed Search Builder” at the top right of the page, click “Add to search builder” and then click “Search PubMed”. The result list will appear, with the most recently published articles listed first.
- You can use the filters on the left side of the page to narrow your results. Suggestion: To see only review articles (or any articles that include a review of the topic), click on “Review” under “Article types” in the list of filters.
- Last Updated: Mar 22, 2021 3:27 PM
- URL: https://guides.upstate.edu/pathophys
- Print Page