Interlibrary Loan Information
How do I submit an Interlibrary Loan request?
To submit an Interlibrary Loan (ILL) request:
1. Search the library website for the article/book you desire, and go to the abstract.
2. If the article is not available via a free full text, PMC Full Text, or Open Access follow the "Owned by Upstate" link
3. From the holdings page, if Upstate does not own the article or book, click "Get it from Interlibrary Loan"
4. This link will auto-populate the ILL request form. It's very important to include as many details as possible. Important fields: Title, Journal Title, Year, pages, PMID, ISSN or ISBN. When you've entered all the details, click submit.
* If you are New York State Library (NYSL) eligible, click the blue "New York State Library Search" button across the top of the request form to search the NYSL for access. If you're not sure if you're eligible, see the Borrower's Card Application tab.
About the Health Sciences Library
The Upstate Health Sciences Library is a core service supporting students and employees across all Upstate Colleges, Programs, Centers of Excellence, and Clinical Locations. Together we are dedicated to providing exemplary customer service.
Contact The Health Sciences Library
Contact us for additional help with using Library resources (databases, e-journals, e-books or interlibrary loan) and services (reference, library instruction, study rooms, etc.).
- Last Updated: Aug 11, 2020 12:37 PM
- URL: https://guides.upstate.edu/ILLhelp
- Print Page