Diagnostic Radiology Residency Resources
- Acute Care Surgery: Imaging Essentials for Rapid Diagnosis by Kathryn L. Butler; Mukesh HarisinghaniISBN: 9780071831208Publication Date: 2015-05-01
- Atlas of Emergency Radiology by Jake Block; Martin Ivanov Jordanov; Lawrence B. Stack; R. Jason ThurmanISBN: 9780071744423Publication Date: 2013-04-29
- Basic Radiology by Michael Y. M. Chen; Thomas L. Pope; David J. OttISBN: 9780071627085Publication Date: 2010-08-27
- Diagnostic Imaging of Infants and Children by Robert G. WellsISBN: 9780071769662Publication Date: 2012-12-28
- Emergency Radiology by David T. SchwartzISBN: 9780071409179Publication Date: 2007-11-26
- Introduction to Diagnostic Radiology by Khaled Elsayes; Sandra OldhamISBN: 9780071801805Publication Date: 2014-08-19
- Nuclear Medicine by Harvey A. Ziessman; Janis P. O'Malley; James H. Thrall (Series edited by)ISBN: 9780323082990Publication Date: 2013-03-21
- Molecular Imaging and Contrast Database (MICAD)The MICAD staff has created the Molecular Imaging Probes and Contrast Agents List (MIP & CA List) by screening the PubMed/MedLine databases and other appropriate sources of such information. Only agents used in animal or human studies yielding in vivo data were selected for inclusion in the list.
Point of Care Resources
- AccessMedicine This link opens in a new windowIncludes textbooks, images, illustrations, interactive self-assessments, case files, diagnostic tools, and the ability to view from and download content to a mobile device.
- Lexicomp This link opens in a new windowOn-line drug information system including sections for interactions, pediatric, geriatric, nursing, patient education, and toxicology information. Also includes AHFS Essentials, drug identifiers, and calculators.
- UpToDate This link opens in a new windowAn evidence-based clinical decision support resource that synthesizes scientific evidence and expert opinion that is organized to answer specific clinical questions. Also includes calculators, drug information, and patient education information.
Need some Help?
Try the PubMed Quick Start Guide!
Selected Sections of the Quick Start Guide:
How do I search PubMed?
How do I find systematic reviews?
Can you explain the search results?
How do I display an abstract?
How can I save my results?
I retrieved too many citations. How can I focus my search?
I retrieved too few citations. How can I expand my search?
I need further assistance and training.
- Evidence-based Practice of RadiologyLisa P. Lavelle, Ruth M. Dunne, Anne G. Carroll, and Dermot E. Malone. RadioGraphics 2015 35:6, 1802-1813.
Current health care reform in the United States is producing a shift in radiology practice from the traditional volume-based role of performing and interpreting a large number of examinations to providing a more affordable and higher-quality service centered on patient outcomes, which is described as a value-based approach to the provision of health care services. In the 1990s, evidence-based medicine was defined as the integration of current best evidence with clinical expertise and patient values. When these methods are applied outside internal medicine, the process is called evidence-based practice (EBP). EBP facilitates understanding, interpretation, and application of the best current evidence into radiology practice, which optimizes patient care.
- Last Updated: Mar 1, 2023 11:09 AM
- URL: https://guides.upstate.edu/radiology
- Print Page