NIH Public Access Policy @ Upstate
Does the Policy apply to my paper?
The Policy applies to your paper if it is a peer-reviewed manuscript accepted for publication in a journal
on or after April 7, 2008 andit arises from either:
- an NIH grant or cooperative agreement active in Fiscal Year 2008 or beyond, or
- an NIH contract signed on or after April 7, 2008.
- The Policy does not apply to manuscripts that are not peer-reviewed, such as correspondence, book chapters, and editorials.
- The Policy does not apply to manuscripts that were accepted for publication before April 7, 2008.
For more information, visit the NIH page on Determining Applicability.
If the Policy applies to your paper, continue to Step 1: Addressing Copyright
- Last Updated: Sep 9, 2020 3:59 PM
- URL: https://guides.upstate.edu/NIHPublicAccess
- Print Page