College of Graduate Studies
Providing a starting point for research within the biomedical sciences disciplines.
Contact your Health Sciences Library --
We're here to help!
The Library's website: library.upstate.edu
Visit us: 1st floor of Weiskotten Hall
Call us: (315) 464-7091
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Starting Point for all of your research needs.
10 Things We Want You to Know About the Upstate Health Sciences Library
Welcome to the SUNY Upstate Medical University! We have plenty of help available to the College of Graduate Studies students using the Library. Check out the 10 Things We Want You to Know about the Upstate HSL!
- Research assistance – Did you know you can meet with a librarian who can assist you with your research? Call the Library at 315-464-7091 to contact a librarian.
- We buy materials – You can use the Purchase Recommendations form to let us know what materials we should consider purchasing so you can do your research.
- The Library is here for you anytime, anywhere. The Library is open 5 days a week, and our electronic resources never sleep. Our website includes regular and holiday hours. After-hours access is available!
- Get help online – Chat with a librarian during listed on-call hours to get research help without leaving your classroom, desk, lab or home.
- We can get you almost anything – Did you know that Interlibrary Loan can get a copy of almost anything? Start early so materials can be requested and arrive when you still need them. Remember that you can get a New York State Library card.
- Check out the subject guides - Useful resources compiled by your campus librarians.
- Need study spaces? – The Library has dedicated social, quiet and silent study spaces. Signage posted on each floor will inform you of the different areas and acceptable noise levels. The HSL also has 6 group study rooms and 10 individual study rooms available to you. Ask us about extended use of individual study rooms while you prepare for your qualifying exam or work on your dissertation.
- Need technology? We have printers, copiers, 28 single-user computers (20 PCs & 8 Macs) and more.
- Looking for stress reduction areas and services? Look no further! Check out the Library mediation room, complimentary coffee and hot water, therapy dog visits, community puzzle, coloring books and more.
- We are here to help you. Grad school can be tough, but you don’t have to do it alone. Contact your campus librarians with any questions you may have. We Are All Here to Ensure Your Success! Contact your campus Library today!
- Last Updated: Feb 28, 2023 3:13 PM
- URL: https://guides.upstate.edu/cogs
- Print Page