UHS / Clinical Campus Residencies
- Essential Evidence Plus This link opens in a new windowDatabase system of filtered, synopsized, evidence-based information: searches: Essential Evidence Topics, POEMS, Cochrane Systematic Reviews, History and Physical Test Calculators, Diagnostic Test Calculators, Decision Support Tools, Derm Expert Image Viewer, E/M Coding.
- Lexicomp This link opens in a new windowOn-line drug information system including sections for interactions, pediatric, geriatric, nursing, patient education, and toxicology information. Also includes AHFS Essentials, drug identifiers, and calculators.
- UpToDate through OpenAthens This link opens in a new windowAll Upstate users, including both those who login with Upstate Citrix credentials and those who do not have an Upstate email address and login with an OpenAthens account, can access UpToDate using this link.
- VisualDx This link opens in a new windowA multi-symptom differential diagnosis database that utilizes radiographic images and dermatologic photographs and illustrations for diagnostic assistance.
- 5MinuteConsult This link opens in a new windowOffers basic and quick overviews for diseases & conditions, drugs, and medical procedures.
It also includes resources for patients, including patient handouts for conditions and diseases, as well as physical therapy handouts.
Cochrane and PubMed Databases
- Cochrane Library This link opens in a new windowContains multiple evidence based databases including the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews (CDSR) containing systematic reviews of research in health care and health policy and the Cochrane Controlled Clinical Trials Register (Cochrane CENTRAL) containing abstracts of randomised and quasi-randomised controlled trials.
- PubMed This link opens in a new windowPubMed comprises millions of citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full-text content from PubMed Central. Special features include myNCBI to customize your experience and Clinical Queries (built-in evidence-based search filters).
- Board Vitals This link opens in a new windowBoardVitals is an exam review tool that includes test banks to help prepare for USMLE Step 1, 2 and 3 and Shelf Exams for Neurology, OBGYN, Family Medicine, Pediatrics, Internal Medicine, Surgery, Psychiatry and Emergency Medicine. New users should register with your @upstate.edu email.
Access to online HSL resources
Access is authenticated through a service called OpenAthens. For directions on how to login or what credentials to use, visit the OpenAthens guide.
If you are physically at SUNY Binghamton's Decker School of Nursing and using Eduroam for internet access, you should be able to access many Upstate resources seamlessly. However, there will be resources where SUNY Binghamton's access will be presented rather than Upstate's. In those instances, aside from McGrawHill resources, you will need to access the resource off Eduroam or submit an Interlibrary loan request for the item.
UHS / Wilson Library Resources
UHS Wilson Medical Center
33-57 Harrison Street
Johnson City, NY 13790
(North Tower Basement)
- Last Updated: Mar 1, 2023 12:17 PM
- URL: https://guides.upstate.edu/uhs
- Print Page