COVID-19 Resources and HSL Services
The Library is adhering to all Upstate COVID-19 policies pertinent to our spaces. Prior to entering any campus building, everyone MUST complete the self-screening tool and pick up a fresh mask. If unable to complete the self-screening tool, enter through University Hospital where screening teams are available. This must be done daily.
When in the Library, please take note of all signage and abide by what is stated and follow all visual cues such as tape to mark floors.
Everyone MUST wear a mask in all shared Library locations.
Entering the Library:
You must register to use the Library After Hours Program. Please visit the Library Services Desk between 9am - 4pm to register.
After 6:00 pm and on weekends and holidays, access to the Library is through the B3 courtyard door. There is an intercom there that goes to the University Police Communications Center. The intercom has a camera, so when using the intercom, show your ID to the Dispatcher. After you state your name, show your ID, and state why you are here, the Dispatcher will allow you into the building.
You may also enter through University Hospital.
Your ID will not work on the south side (VA) entrance after 6:00 pm and on weekends and holidays.
Cleaning and Disinfecting:
Environmental Services has intensified their cleaning efforts and will clean and disinfect high touch areas including bathrooms, twice daily. However, they can’t be everywhere all the time. Please help to protect the health and safety of your colleagues by:
- disinfecting frequently used shared objects and
- avoiding the use and sharing of items and surfaces that are not easily cleaned, sanitized, or disinfected
Using the disinfecting ‘bucket’
- Disinfecting ‘buckets’ are available at the Library Services Desk and throughout the Library.
- Each bucket contains disinfectant, gloves, and wipes.
To disinfect a study surface, don the gloves, saturate a wipe, and wipe down surfaces. After use, dispose of the used gloves and wipe.
If a bucket is low on supplies, inform a Library team member and we will re-supply.
1st, 2nd and 3rd floor Study Rooms
- Tables and carrels have been moved to promote physical distancing.
- We recommend one person per table.
- Disinfecting buckets are available in the study areas and at the Library Services Desk
- Study surfaces are disinfected daily by Environmental Services
2nd and 3rd floor Study Rooms
- Single occupancy recommended
- Check out period extended to 1 day, M – F
- Study room doors are open and unlocked during After Hours: first come, first served.
- Disinfecting ‘buckets’ available nearby or pick one up at the Library Services Desk
- Study room are disinfected daily by Environmental Services
- Computers are available on the 1st and 2nd floors
- 1st floor computers have been relocated to promote physical distancing
- In the computer classrooms, every other monitor has been disconnected to promote physical distancing
- Computers in the classrooms are available when not in use for teaching.
Disinfecting buckets are available in each of the computing areas. The disinfectant is safe for keyboards but NOT monitors.
- Environmental Services disinfects the computing spaces daily.
- Last Updated: Feb 29, 2024 3:10 PM
- URL: https://guides.upstate.edu/covid
- Print Page