Pre-Clerkship Library Resources
The information resources you need for medical school
- Academic MedicineShort, impactful episodes featuring stories about the art and heart of patient care.
- The CurbsidersSmart and funny podcast about everything internal medicine and beyond. Team includes students, residents and clinician educators from across the country.
- The Informed Patient- SUNY UpstateUpstate Medical University's weekly podcast featuring interviews from scholars, researchers, and clinicians at SUNY Upstate on topics of health, science and medicine.
- Key Literature in Medical Education (KeyLIME)Covers the main points of a medical education article in around 30 mins.
- The Short CoatStudent co-hosts tell you what med school is really like, from the first year to the last, and beyond.
Social Justice Podcasts
- American DiagnosisWho gets to be healthy? who doesn’t? and what can we do about it? A conversation about some of the biggest public health challenges across the United States
- Beyond the White CoatDives into issues affecting the academic medicine community at-large, while also highlighting the important work happening at America’s medical schools, teaching hospitals, and within the communities they serve. Topics include: Covid-19, racism and public health, health disparities, bioethics, and health care policies.
- Flip the ScriptDiscusses societal and healthcare issues that disproportionately affect the health of minorities, including but not limited to racial and ethnic minorities, sexual and gender minorities, and religious minorities, on a national and global scale.
- HPP PodcastPodcast from the Health Promotion Practice journal. Explores a wide range of socially relevant topics, including immigrant health, transgender care, disparities in healthcare access and more.
- Medical Humanities PodcastCurrent topics, interviews, and perspectives on global issues in health and medicine from around the world.
- Visible VoicesFocuses on health, equity and trends in medicine
Follow on Twitter
- Annals of Internal Medicine (@AnnalsofIM)A primary journal in Medicine
- Bryan Leva, MD (@DrBryanLeyva)AfroLatinx Scholar-Activist and pediatric physician in Minneapolis.
- Dereck Paul, MD (@dereckwpaul)Resident Physician at Brigham and Women's Hospital who focuses on health equity, racism in medicine, and the underrepresented medical trainee experience .
- Graphic Medicine (@GraphicMedicine)The GraphicMedicine.org Twitter account
- Monica Vela MD (@monicavelaw)Internal Medicine Physician. Her posts often inform on health equity issues
- Muna Al-Jawad (@OPWhisperer)Practicing Geriatrician and consultant in Elderly Medicine, Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals
- National White Coats for Black Lives (@natlwc4bl)A medical student run organization whose mission is to "dismantle racism in medicine and promote the health, well-being, and self-determination of people of color."
- Shirlene Obuobi (@shirleneobuobi)Ghanian-American Internal Medicine resident. ShirlyWhirlMD has been featured in the Lancet, on Axios, Doximity.com, UChicago magazine, and more.
- Whit Taylor (@WhitTalorComix)Well-respected cartoonist addressing public health issues and structural disparities that lead to systemic health inequities
- #FOAMedFree Open Access "Meducation"
- Last Updated: Mar 1, 2023 12:17 PM
- URL: https://guides.upstate.edu/preclerkship
- Print Page