SUNY Open Access Repository (SOAR)
About SOAR and SUNY Open Access
The SUNY Open Access Repository (SOAR) is a centrally managed online digital repository that may be used to make works available open access. The Health Sciences Library is facilitating the archiving of works (articles, dissertations, theses, etc.) produced by faculty, staff, and students at our campus.
The majority of publishers allow a version of an article, usually either the submitted or accepted manuscript, to be submitted to an online repository. See the Sherpa Romeo website to look up a policies by publisher or journal title.
Articles made available open access offer several benefits:
- Increased discoverability of works by Google and Google Scholar
- Increased citation rates
- Persistent links to works
- Article Altmetric visualizations
- Remove paywall barriers to your research without paying APCs (for articles without a funder OA requirement)
About the Health Sciences Library
The Upstate Health Sciences Library is a core service supporting students and employees across all Upstate Colleges, Programs, Centers of Excellence, and Clinical Locations. Together we are dedicated to providing exemplary customer service.
Contact The Health Sciences Library
Contact us for additional help with using Library resources (databases, e-journals, e-books or interlibrary loan) and services (reference, library instruction, study rooms, etc.).
- Last Updated: Feb 21, 2021 1:47 PM
- URL: https://guides.upstate.edu/soar
- Print Page