When connecting apps to library resources, there may be some settings specific to the Upstate Health Sciences Library. Here are some common settings apps may ask for:
- Proxy Prefix / Open Athens redirector: https://go.openathens.net/redirector/upstate.edu?url=
- Openurl / Linkresolver base url: https://suny-ups.primo.exlibrisgroup.com/openurl/01SUNY_UPS/01SUNY_UPS:01SUNY_UPS
- Shibboleth Federation: OpenAthens Federation
- Entity ID: https://idp.upstate.edu/openathens
Some vendors require you to create accounts with them to use fully use their products. Some will allow you to connect your library login through OpenAthens to the local account (example: Scopus, PolicyMap, Dimensions). This is done by connecting the unique OpenAthens token with information you provide the vendor. Other vendors require you to create a separate local account with them and often an @upstate.edu email address is required (example: UpToDate).
Library staff currently support basic setup and functionality with the following apps: UptoDate, Browzine, MyAccess, Lexicomp, and VisualDX.
Staff will provide basic assistance with using and finding additional apps. Anything more complex will be referred to the vendor responsible for the app in question.
About The Health Sciences Library
The Upstate Health Sciences Library is a core service supporting students and employees across all Upstate Colleges, Programs, Centers of Excellence, and Clinical Locations. Together we are dedicated to providing exemplary customer service.
Contact The Health Sciences Library
Contact us for additional help with using Library resources (databases, e-journals, e-books or interlibrary loan) and services (reference, library instruction, study rooms, etc.).
- Last Updated: Oct 20, 2020 2:05 PM
- URL: https://guides.upstate.edu/mobileresources
- Print Page