Nursing Resources for Students and Faculty
Quick links to Health Sciences Library databases, eBooks, mobile resources, tutorials, websites, writing and publishing support.
- CINAHL Plus with Full Text This link opens in a new windowCitations to articles from nursing and allied health journals, plus additional materials, including full-text evidence-based care sheets, quick lessons, and continuing education modules.
- PubMed This link opens in a new windowPubMed comprises millions of citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full-text content from PubMed Central. Special features include myNCBI to customize your experience and Clinical Queries (built-in evidence-based search filters).
- Nursing Reference Center Plus This link opens in a new windowQuick reference at the point-of-care, including evidence-based care sheets that summarize diseases and conditions, cultural competency information, patient education handouts, and point-of-care drug information.
- Cochrane Library This link opens in a new windowContains multiple evidence based databases including the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews (CDSR) containing systematic reviews of research in health care and health policy and the Cochrane Controlled Clinical Trials Register (Cochrane CENTRAL) containing abstracts of randomised and quasi-randomised controlled trials.
- Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition This link opens in a new windowProvides full-text journal articles and additional indexing that covers many medical disciplines with strong coverage in the areas of nursing and allied health. Includes AHFS Consumer Medication Information.
- Joanna Briggs Institute (JBI EBP Database) This link opens in a new windowJoanna Briggs Institute brings together a range of practice-oriented research activities to improve the effectiveness of nursing practice and health care outcomes. It includes the following publication types: Evidence Based Recommended Practices, Evidence Summaries, Best Practice Information Sheets, Systematic Reviews, and Systematic Review Protocols.
- Krames On-Demand This link opens in a new windowPatient Education HealthSheets available on various topics in multiple languages. Login information can be obtained by contacting the library.
- Lexicomp This link opens in a new windowOn-line drug information system including sections for interactions, pediatric, geriatric, nursing, patient education, and toxicology information. Also includes AHFS Essentials, drug identifiers, and calculators.
- Scopus This link opens in a new windowScopus replaces Web of Science for searching cited references. It contains abstracts and references from over 15,000, journals making it the largest single database of scientific research literature
- UpToDate This link opens in a new windowEvidence-Based clinical support, drugs & drug interactions, links to full text, patient education and medical calculators.
- VisualDx This link opens in a new windowA multi-symptom differential diagnosis database that utilizes radiographic images and dermatologic photographs and illustrations for diagnostic assistance.
- LactMed This link opens in a new windowContains information on drugs and other chemicals to which breastfeeding mothers may be exposed. It includes information on the levels of such substances in breast milk and infant blood, and the possible adverse effects in the nursing infant.
- Turning Research into Practice TRIP This link opens in a new windowSearches multiple websites and publicly available databases simultaneously, with a focus on clinical research and 'evidence-based' material.
- Last Updated: Mar 1, 2023 12:17 PM
- URL: https://guides.upstate.edu/con
- Print Page